Saturday, June 1, 2013

Adding the decorative "tile" on the backsplash:      
 The back splash area of the sink and stove sections had a raised tile pattern in white when I purchased them. In order to add some color and some mid-century modern detail, I printed off sections of a photo of 1960's wallpaper. I made a rubbing of the back splash, then cut out the individual tiles and glued them on with Mod Podge.

 After letting them dry overnight, I added a coat of varnish.


  1. Ronda, I love how you did the backsplash! Kathy

    1. Hey! My first comment! ;) Thank-you. I love the pattern, but it took some time to cut them out. I like the finished product, though. This project was one of the least expensive things I've ever done. The kitchen set didn't cost much at all, and the supplies were almost nothing. More time than anything, but a lot of fun.